Dream Cake is casual in nature and as with all of my fonts, you'll find some quirky little twists to make your type projects interesting. Some cute backstory on the making of this font, "While I was developing this font, my mother kept feeding me something she calls "Dream Cake". This indescribably delicious confection fueled my inspiration (there's nothing like a constant sugar-high to keep you going!) and the result is this cute little font." - Ronna Penner
This font is a UNICASE font, which means it is all one size, and there are no designated uppercase or lowercase sets - it is just one set with mixed upper and lower letters in it, all in one size together.
* 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm
* UNICASE - 26 letters
* Numbers Set
* Symbols Set (2) - Exclamation Point, Ampersand
The benefit to a unicase font: YOU ONLY NEED TO BUY ONE SET! YAY! No more spending dollars on uppercase AND lowercase sets for one font! It's all right here in ONE, awesome set! For more on stamping terms, read this! https://www.fontfixation.com/blogs/news/terms
I would classify this font as "FUN" in my four-point font set classification system. For more on that, check this out: https://www.fontfixation.com/blogs/news/starter-kit-fonts
My two cents:
- This is a SUPER easy font to use and hammer. Works fabulously in all metals.
- I recommend tape with this font so that it lines up nicely.
- All letters hammer easily -- watch that "i" -- don't hammer it too hard! Too hard looks like you can't see the swirl in the dot :)
Amazing Keyrings and Charms:
- I recommend Keychain Supply for all of your crafting keyring, charms, and birthstone needs! Link to their Etsy shop here: KeychainSupply
For Stainless Steel blanks:
- I use all of the 22g, standard stainless steel from StampingBlanks.com and highly recommend this metal as a shiny, silver alternative. Be advised, to use stainless steel as your stamping blanks, you will need to have a solid base/stamping post and heavier mallet, which will require you to have different stamping supplies. Please watch my stainless steel stamping video here.
For Aluminum blanks & Cuffs:
- Any aluminum on this site, in the form of Cuffs, is from Optimal Alloys. Any aluminum blank, especially the super adorable shapes, is from Birds Eye Blanks. We highly recommend getting the "polished" or "tumbled" blanks from these sites -- the reflection in the metal makes it much easier to see where you are stamping.
- Our font metal stamps are programmed to be as close to the original typeset fonts as possible, although there may be slight variations from typeset to actual stamp based on a variety of programming and stamping needs. Please use the actual stamped images provided on our site and in each listing to see the stamped version.
- The bigger and more detailed the design, the more difficult to stamp.
- While our large, 12mm designs (also called Fat Bottom Shanks, or FBS) are RATED for steel, some very detailed FBS images are SUPER large, and some stainless steel stampers with lightweight hammers may find these large, detailed stamps very difficult to hammer in stainless steel and get a full impression.
- Every image on this site that is hammered in stainless steel was hammered with a 2lb mallet, on a stamping post with no buffer between the anvil and the post. No sandbag, no pad, just the anvil on a solid stamping post going straight to the floor. No press here. Still having a tough time?
- Try these two resource videos:
- Stainless Steel? I'd Hit That...Again
- Is my stamp defective?
- Our Blog section of the site has everything you need to know.
- But here it is again, just to save you a few more clicks :)
- All Font Fixation brand stamps are manufactured to be used on all metals. The product and listing photos on this website are primarily on 22g stainless steel from www.stampingblanks.com
- Some metals are harder than others, for example butter or steak knives, and we do not recommend use on steel of this hardness level.
- Our stamps are covered under warranty for 1 year from date of purchase and covers the original purchaser. Stamps purchased from "destash" or "second-hand" groups are not covered under warranty.
- "Simple Dimple" stamps are manufactured on 1/4" shanks and are made to fit in most ring jigs. Simple Dimple designs usually fit on 1/4" wide cuffs, because all Simple Dimple design stamps are .5mm-5.5mm, and 1/4" cuffs are 6mm wide.
- "Hefty Hitter" stamps are manufactured on 3/8" shanks.
- "Fat Bottom Shanks" are stamps that are manufactured on 1/2" shanks. While these size design stamps are rated for stainless steel use, some of these designs are quite detailed and may require the "tilt-and-tap" method to get a full, solid impression. We always recommend using a solid surface that has force transferred directly to the floor (such as a stamping post), using a 2lb steel mallet, and not having any sandbag or such force deadening agent under your anvil. For more information on how to get better impressions, please see our YouTube video "Is My Stamp Defective".
- Best impressions for larger and more detailed stamps are always in softer metals, like aluminum, brass, copper, pewter, and nugold. If you are a seasoned and skilled stainless steel stamper, you should have little-to-no difficulty with our larger/more detailed stamps in stainless steel. If you are a beginner stamper, we recommend you start with softer metals like those listed above, and as your skill level increases it should be easier to transition to stainless steel.
- Want to see more examples or get tips on stamping? Request to join our Facebook group, "Font Fixation's Fabulous Friends" at www.facebook.com/groups/FontFixation -- Answer the three questions and we'll get you in the group!
- If you have an error or defect in your stamp, please email FontFixation@gmail.com to get your stamp replaced under warranty, or for instructions on how to purchase a new individual stamp if out of warranty.