Gaffer, by Typadelic, is a simple little font! The backward slant, large x-height and short ascenders/descenders give Gaffer a casual, handwritten look. This font would be classified as a neutral font (but could also be a "fun" font!!) in our four types of fonts blog post. Gaffer is thin lined, which makes it suitable and easy to stamp in all metals, including stainless steel.
Sizes available: 2.5mm, 4mm, 6.5mm (6.5mm is on 5/16" shanks)
Sets: Uppercase, Lowercase, Numbers
6.5mm is on 5/16" shanks. All other sizes and sets are on 1/4" shanks.
Symbols: 1 - Ampersand
- Alternates: 4 stamps: ks, ff, st, tt
My two cents:
- In my "Four Categories of Fonts" blog post, I would consider this font to fall into the NEUTRAL and/or FUN category.
- This font looks great with or without the use of tape.
- The alternates are not sold separately and are intended to provide a little more variation in your stamped pieces!
- The uppers and lowers are very close in size, as intended by the foundry - so you should have a very easy time stamping this font because it will almost always look good!
- This font is on the wider side, so plan your horizontal space before you hammer it!