Wintanceastre, by Hanoded, is described as being "based on a 10th century Latin manuscript. I have tried to stay close to the original letters, but since Latin does not have all modern glyphs, I found myself designing the missing ones. So, before you scold me for having made a font that is historically inaccurate: it was never meant to be an exact replica, nor would anyone want an exact replica, as it would be useless for modern texts and designs."
- Stamp size: 3.5mm, 4.5mm, 6.5mm
- Shank size: 1/4", 5/16"
- Available sets: Uppercase, Lowercase, Numbers, Symbols (03), Alternates (02)
- Individually sold symbols: Question Mark, Exclamation Point, Ampersand
- Alternates (02): Lowercase g, Uppercase G
My Two Cents:
- This is a thicker lined font and the 4.5mm size (while rated for all metals) is most stampable and best in soft metals.
- The 3.5mm font works well in all metals, including stainless steel.
- Wintan looks best when used with tape, and all the lowercase letters are lined up by the top of each letter. This includes low hanging letters like the r and f.
- Some of the uppercase letters seem CRAZY huge and mis-sized (see the uppercase B) -- but this is intentional and the letters are meant to be lined up by the TOP of the letters.